Saturday, February 17, 2018

Plans for a Small Garden



They say that hope springs eternal. They also say that fools never learn. Both adages probably apply as I sit here on a rainy February day and plan out a “postage stamp” garden. The garden will consist of four 3’x12’ beds which I refer to north to south as beds A, B, C and D. If you do the math the entire garden is less than 200 square feet even with a pathway between beds A and B. Any of the beds could be a micro-garden by itself, especially so the north bed A which contains the taller, more vertical and more prolific vegetables. I will describe the vegetables grown in each bed beginning with tomatoes, peppers, zucchinis, cucumbers and pole beans grown in bed A. I have tried this small garden scheme once before and I hope I have learned from the mistakes that I made then. I will report next fall on the quantities that I actually harvest. Feel free to read each of these entries as separate blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment